Can I use FireWire 800 if this is the only port on my old Mac?


If you're using an old Mac with a FireWire 800 port you'll need an 800 to 400 cable. Tripp Lite FireWire 800 IEEE 1394b Hi-speed Cable (9pin/4pin) is our recommendation. The cable tips look like this:






Have more questions? Submit a request